It's that time of year again.......yup, it was time for some holiday baking. Every year I do a big baking day and make goodies for Ben and I to take to all the people we work with. To give you some perspective last year I ended up making over 1000 cookies. I knew there was no way I could take care of Riley and still be able to make that many cookies so I went with something a little less labor intensive and made brownies this year. I ended up making 9 different kinds of brownies and ended up with 288 large brownies.
I made: Peanut Butter Hazelnut Brownies, Choco-Marshmallow Bars, Peppermint Bark Brownies, S'mores Bars, Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies, Fudge Brownies, Fudge Brownies with Walnuts, Cream Cheese Brownies, and Black and White Brownies
The baking part ended up being the easy part of the whole process. For the past couple of years I have always had my sister Cindy around to help me during the packaging portion of the process. Not this year!! Since I was wrapping each brownie individually and labeling them and then packaging them it was quite a process.....I was my own little sweat shop! I had a blast though and can't wait until next year to come up with something new!!
Here are some pictures of what I ended up with:
The 9 different kinds of brownies
Each of the brwonies individually wrapped and labeled
The finished products......the front and back of the bags!!
The label on the bag

7 comments:
wow! all i have to say is, "see my comment from your last post."
yolanda
all I have to say is, you are crazy. I mean really crazy. Have you had this cumpulsive baking syndrome checked out by a doctor yet?
Leah
I hope there is at least one package for me since brownies are my favorite;)
Dan
omg...that's a lot of baking. you are nuts. but i'm sure the recipients are very appreciative!!
i think i just gained 5 lbs looking at the pictures.
Actually I have something else to say, do you give one of these bags to every person you even come in contact with in a day because there are a lot of bags there? I think I would have to stop people on the street to give away that many.
Leah
I think nine of those bags are Dan's as brownies are his favorite,
we'll have to start calling him the Brownie Monster...that's a good halloween costume for next year...maybe we should have a costume designing costume and since Mae is the best costume maker ever...she should make it...
This is truly a Christmas post..
Merry Christmas...
Gabe's Gdad
wow....I was reading over the month of Dec., so don't think your not good at this blog thing. Your comments and pictures are great.....and the Christmas treats on top of that!
Amazing
Gabe's GrandB
Post a Comment